Harvard Medical School recently did a study that gives six major reasons to get a better night sleep:
- Memory — Sleep helps the brain commit new information to memory.
- Metabolism — Lack of sleep can cause weight gain and effect our appetite.
- Safety — Sleep deprivation can cause falls, medical errors and road accidents.
- Mood — Sleep loss results in irritability, lack of concentration and mood swings.
- Heart Health — Poor sleep is linked to hypertension, stress and irregular heartbeat.
- Disease — Lack of sleep degrades the way our bodies fight disease.