Harvard Medical School recently did a study that gives six major reasons to get a better night sleep:
- Frontend EditorMemory–Sleep helps the brain commit new information to memory.
- Metabolism–Lack of sleep can cause weight gain and effect our appetite.
- Safety–Sleep deprivation can cause falls, medical errors and road accidents.
- Mood–Sleep loss results in irritability, lack of concentration and mood swings.
- Heart Health–Poor sleep is linked to hypertension, stress and irregular heartbeat.
- Disease–Lack of sleep degrades the way our bodies fight desease.